With a perfect combination of minty and chocolaty goodness, these Holiday Energy Bites have it all... your favorite holiday flavors and they're good for you, too!
These no bake Holiday Energy Bites are a perfect snack that will satisfy your sweet tooth, but have a healthy twist providing healthy fats, and are naturally sweetened with dates, and a hint of mint. These are great to keep in the kitchen or to bring with you to the office where holiday desserts lurk around every corner. You won't feel like you're missing out with this festive treat!
Holiday Energy Bites
Servings: Makes about 15
1 cup walnuts
8 dates, pitted
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon peppermint extract (I used 2 drops of DoTERRA peppermint essential oil)
Pinch of salt
1. Put the walnuts in your food processor and pulse until well chopped.
2. Add the dates and pulse again until mixed well. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water to help form a paste.
3. Add cocoa powder, 2/3 cup shredded coconut, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, and salt. Pulse until combined.
4. Use a cookie dough scoop to grab 1 tablespoon of mixture and then roll into a ball. Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all the mixture is gone.
5. Prepare two separate bowls (one for finely shredded coconut, and one for crushed candy cane). Alternate rolling balls into coconut and crushed candy cane.
6. Let set in fridge for about 30 minutes.