Strawberry Mango Collagen Bars
Servings: 9 bars
1 cup unsweetened dried mango, sliced
½ cup freeze dried strawberries
4 scoops Vital Protein Collagen Peptides
1 tablespoon honey
Juice of ½ lemon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
1. Prepare a small baking sheet lined with parchment paper
2. Bring some water to a low boil on the stove, add mango and warm until soft.
3. Drain the water and place mango in food processor with the collagen peptides, honey, lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon, sea salt, and ginger. Process well.
4. Add the shredded coconut and pulse to combine.
5. Place the batter on the parchment paper forming a square or rectangle that is about 1/2″ thick, smoothing the top and sides as you work it into shape
6. Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours
7. Remove and cut into 9 bars
8. Wrap each piece in parchment paper or wax paper (they are somewhat sticky)
9. Store in a freezer safe container
Note: these can also be rolled into balls to make energy bites. Roll them in shredded coconut flakes to make them less sticky.