1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons cacao butter
2 tablespoons coconut oil
¼ cup agave nectar
3/4 cup unsweetened cacao powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons shredded coconut, unsweetened
1. Chop cacao butter into small pieces
2. Fill a small saucepan with a few inches of water and bring it to a boil over high heat. Turn it off. Place the cacao butter in a heat proof bowl, and place it directly over the boiling water, but not touching it. Stir for 1-2 minutes until it begins to melt.
3. Whisk in the coconut oil and agave and stir until melted
4. Add the cacao powder and vanilla. Mix until thoroughly combined. Remove the bowl from the heat.
4. Refrigerate for 30-40 minutes or until the chocolate is firm enough to handle, but not too firm!
5. Place shredded coconut in a shallow bowl.
6. After chocolate has chilled, scoop out balls about the size of a tablespoon from the bowl.
7. Roll them between your palms to form smooth balls. Roll them onto the shredded coconut to coat lightly.
8. Place them on a parchment lined tray then place the tray back in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.